Peace and harmony in this piece … It is like air that holds you to float over place and time slowly. It is one of the beautiful pieces from Baroque period.
The original work is the 2nd movement “Air” of Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major, BWV 1068, was composed by Johann Christian Bach in In the 18th century.
The work now known as the Air on a G String is an arrangement for the violin made in the 19th Century from the Air of Johann Sebastian Bach’s work.
The arrangement differs from the original in that the part of the first violins is transposed down so that it can be played entirely on a violin’s lowest string, i.e., the G string.
A spurious story was put about that the melody was always intended to be played on the G string alone. As a result of the popularity of the piece, on the G string remained in the name of various arrangements whether or not a string instrument playing on its G string was involved.
This playlist has many arrangements from classic, Jazz to Bosanova.
- Bach: Air / Koopman · Berliner Philharmoniker
- les swingle singer - JAZZ SEBASTIEN BACH 3/23 - Aria dalla Suite n°3 in ReM BWV 1068 (1963)
- David Garrett - AIR (Johann Sebastian Bach).
- Bach - Air On The G String (G선상아리아) : 곽승 & KBS Symphony Orchestra
- Manhattan Jazz Quintet-Air on the G string
- Johann Sebastian Bach-Air on G String
- The Swingle Singers & The Modern Jazz Quartet - Air For G String
- J. S. Bach: Air (Classical guitar) - Per-Olov Kindgren
- Air on the G String (Suite No. 3, BWV 1068) J. S. Bach, original instruments
- Jacques Loussier Trio - Air On The G String (J.-S.Bach, arr. A.Wilhelmj) / Ария на струне соль
- Bach - Air on G String by Yo Yo Ma and Bobby Mcferrin
- Air - Bach (Bossa Nova version)
- Klazz Brothers & Cuba Percussion - Air